Revised Daily Allowance Rates for Govt Employees – Finance Division Notification 2017
Government of Pakistan Finance Division (Regulations Wing) has issued notification/circular of revised daily allowances for the federal government employees. This circular issued vide No. F. 8(1) R-10/2011-309/III Islamabad, the 3rd July, 2017.
OFFICE MEMORANDUM Subject: REVISION OF RATES OF DAILY ALLOWANCES ON OFFICIAL DUTY WITHIN THE COUNTRY
The President has been pleased to sanction revision of daily allowances admissible to Government officers/officials, while on official duty within the country as under:-
BPS – Existing (Rs.) – Revised (w.e.f. 1st July, 2017) (Rs.) Special Rates Ordinary Rates:-
2. Specified stations of Pakistan:-
for special rates as notified from time to time are :-
- DG Khan,
- Northern Areas,
- Muzaffarabad, &
- Mirpur AJ&K.
3. Daily allowance will be admissible only for the actual night(s) at the out-station for which daily allowance is claimed. Where night stop is not involved and if absence from Headquarters exceeds four hours, half daily allowance will be allowed.
4. The proposed rates shall not apply where 20 fixed DAs for operational duties are being paid with salary which will be admissible on existing rates.
5. Government servants upto BPS 1-19 may stay in Government Guest Houses, Public Sector Corporations, Rest Houses and Motels/Hotels (minus Five Star Hotels). They can claim actual room rent charges on production of receipts subject to maximum of three DAs in specified stations and one and half DA at non-specified stations. Where no hotel accommodation receipt is produced, the rate of accommodation charges will be admissible equivalent to two DAs in specified stations and one DA at non-specified stations.
6. Government servants in BPS-20 and above may stay in hotels and claim room rent charges on production of receipts, subject to a maximum of three DAs for specified stations and 1 ‘/2 DAs on non-specified stations. Where no hotel accommodation receipt is produced, the rate of accommodation charges will be admissible equivalent to two DAs in specified stations and one DA at non-specified stations. If however, the room rent charges are in excess of the maximum ceiling aforementioned, the Government will pay fifty percent of the additional amount.
7. The earlier instructions issued by the Finance Division shall stand superseded and replaced by this Office Memorandum to the above extent.