Rawalpindi: Plots for 398 employees of GHQ, Defence Ministry

Category: Army, News 41 0

Ministry of Defence has approved a housing scheme covering over 30 acre of land for its own and the Army General Headquarters (GHQ)’s low-income employees from BPS-7 to BPS-14 and awarded development task to Rawalpindi Cantonment Board (RCB).
The housing scheme will have a school, mosque, modern park and other facilities while, the allotment letters will be distributed among the applicants in the November next year, RCB Executive Officer Rana Manzoor Ahmed Khan told APP on Sunday.
He said it was for the first time in the history of Rawalpindi Cantonment that a housing scheme was announced for low-income employees of the Ministry of Defence and GHQ.
Manzoor said the RCB has been awarded a contract of the development of the land. A total of 398 plots will be created and alongside the construction of roads and parks, the facilities of sewerage, electricity and gas will be made available, he added.
He said 92 plots of seven marla and 84 plots of five marla will be allotted to the law paid employees of the Ministry of Defence while the employees of GHQ will get 96 plots of seven marla and 100 plots of five marla.
Responding to a question, he said Rs 850 million had been allocated for the development work, of which Rs 12 million will be paid to IESCO for supply of electricity, Rs 38 million for construction of roads, Rs 6.5 million for sewerage system, Rs 4.6 million for underground water tank and Rs 4.5 million for tube-well and filtration plant.
The Executive Officer further said Rs 6.7 million had been allocated for water supply network, Rs 5 million for overhead tank, Rs 7 million for provision of Sui gas and Rs 2.1 million for installation of streetlights.
He said the Ministry of Defence and the GHQ had already released an amount of Rs 25 million for development work, while Rs 41.476 million will be released in the second phase.
Manzoor expressed the confidence that after the development work, land of the scheme will be handed over to the Ministry of Defence for onward distribution of plots among the applicants in November 2011.
He said the land was owned by the Ministry of Defence and there was no need to acquire any land for the scheme. He said direct monitoring of the development work would be ensured. app

(Published in Daily dailytimes dated November 29, 2010)

Related Articles

Leave a Reply