PUBLIC AND OPTIONAL HOLIDAYS FOR YEAR 2017 – INTERIOR MINISTRY NOTIFICATION
F.No.2/ 4/ -2016(Public)/ Holidays GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
Islamabad, the 11th January 201
CIRCULAR Subject: PUBLIC AND OPTIONAL HOLIDAYS FOR THE YEAR, 2017
Following Public and Optional holidays for the calendar year 2017 is being notified: PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2. The following days will be Bank holidays and Banks will remain closed for public but NOT for their employees:
2nd January, 2017 (Monday)
27th May, 2017 (Saturday) corresponding to 1st Ramzan 1438 (subject to appearance of moon).
3rd July, 2017 (Monday)
- Holidays for Muslim Festivals are subject to appearance of moon for which a separate notification will be issued by Ministry of Interior, Government of Pakistan.
- In case of Muslim Festivals, the dates of Optional holidays are based on anticipated dates and are subject to appearance of moon.
3. Government servants desiring to avail themselves of Optional Holidays shall take prior permission of the Head of Office concerned and no Government Servant shall be granted more than one optional holiday in the case of Muslims and three optional holidays in the case of non-Muslims, in a calendar year.
4. The grant of this concession should not result in any dislocation of work. In the case of Muslim optional holidays, the number of persons permitted to avail optional holidays should be regulated in a manner so as to adequate staff is available for proper continuance of the work.
5. The_optional holidays are denominational and may be allowed at the discretion of the Head of Office, provided that work is not suffered. 6. A Government Servant should not ordinarily be refused an Optional Holiday that is of religious significance to him and the refusal is likely to decrease the number of such holidays to which she/he is entitled.