PHA employee dies on duty in GOR-I Lahore
Lahore (Wednesday, September 19, 2012) – An employee of Parks and Horticulture Authority (PHA) died due to electric shock while working in Deputy Secretary Muhammad Awais’s house at GOR-I on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as 32-year-old Muhammad Tahir, a resident of GOR quarters Lahore.
According to witnesses, Tahir was trimming trees when he accidentally touched a high-voltage electric wire. He received a severe electric shock and died on the spot. His body remained on the tree for an hour. Witnesses said that police did not reach the scene for hours. According to a PHA spokesman, PHA Director General (DG) Muhammad Mehmood visited the accident site and constituted an inquiry committee to probe the matter. The DG expressed sorrow and grief and announced Rs 500,000 for the bereaved family and a job for his family member.