GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
No.F.l (5) Imp/2011-419 Islamabad, the 4lh July, 2011.
Subject: REVISION OF BASIC PAY SCALES. ALLOWANCES AND PENSION OF CIVIL SERVANTS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
The President has been pleased to sanction the revision of Basic Pay Scales, Allowances and Pension with effect from 1st July, 2011 for the Civil Servants of the Federal Government, paid out of Civil Estimates and out of Defence Estimates as detailed in the succeeding paragraphs:-
2. Revision of Basic Pay Scales:
The Basic Pay ScaIes-2011 shall replace the Basic Pay Scales-2008 with effect from 01.07.2011 as contained in the Annexure to this Office Memorandum.
3. Fixation of Pav of the Existing Employees (w. e. f. 01.07.2011):
i. The basic pay of an employee who was in service on 30.06.2011 shall be
fixed in the Basic Pay Scale-2011 on point to point basis i.e. at the stage corresponding to that occupied by him/her above the minimum of Basic Pay Scales-2008.
ii. In case of Personal Pay being drawn by an employee as part of his/her basic
pay beyond the maximum of his/her pay scale on 30.06.2011, he/she shall continue to draw such pay in the Basic Pay Scales-2011 at the revised rates.
4. Annual Increment;
Annual increment shall continue to be admissible, subject to the existing conditions, on 1st of December each year.
5. Acl hoc Relief Allowances granted unto 01.07.2009:
The following Ad hoc Relief Allowances granted upto 01.07.2009 shall stand discontinued with effect from 01.07.2011 having been merged in the Basic Pay Scales-2008 so as to introduce Basic Pay Scales-2011:-
||Sr. No.||Namt’ of Ad hoc Allowance||Office Memorandum
|1||Special Additional Allowance - 1999(01.07.1999)||F.l(7)lmp’W dated
|25% (UPS 1-16) and 20% (Mi’s 17-22 on UPS-1994)|
|ii.||Special Relief Allowance 2003(01.07.20″||1 i(4)lmp 2003 dated 30.06.20′||15″. ol the hasiv pav on BPS-2001|
|in.||Ad hoc Reiki 2004 (01.07.2004)||I !(S)lrnp/2004 doted
|15% of the basic pay on BPS-2|
|IV,||Dcarncss Allowance - 200ft (01.07.2006)||F.l(4»lmp/2006 dated 24.06.2006||15% of the basic pav on BPS-2005|
|V.||Ad hoc Relief Allowance -2009(01.07.2009)||F.l(7)lmpV2009-i
|20%(BPS 1-16) and 15% BPS 17-22 on BPS-2008|
All the new entrants shall be allowed Ad hoc Allowance – 2010 ,1 50′ a ol the minimum of relevant Basic Pay Seales-2008 (If admissible in that Organization) on notional basis with effect from 01.07.2011. till further orders, and shall stand frozen at the same level.
Ad hoc Relief Allowance 2011:
1 An Ad hoc Relief Allowance – 2011 (15% of the running basic pa} ol
Bask Pa) Seales-2008 to all the Civil Servants of the federal Government as well as civilians paid out of Defence Estimates including contingent pud staff and contract employees employed against civil posts in Bask Pay Scales on standard terms and conditions of contract appointment shall l>e allowed with effect from 01.07.201 I and shall stand frozen at the same level.
ii. All the new entrants shall be allowed Ad hoc Relief Allowance – 2011
15% ^( the minimum of relevant Basic Pa) Seales-2008 on notional basis with effect from 01.07.2011, till further orders, and shall stand frozen at the l line level
iii. ilu \J hoc Relief Allowance will be subject 10 Income 1
IV. The Ad hoc Relief Allowance will he admissible during leave and entire
period ol 1 .PR.
v The Ad hoc Relief Allowance will not be treated as part ol ‘emoluments tor
the purpose ol calculation of Pension’GraUiity and recover) of House Rent.
VI I he Ad hoc Relief Allowance w ill not be admissible to the employees during
the tenure of their posting deputation abroad, vii. The Ad hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible to the employees on their
repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which
would have been admissible to them had they not been posted abroad vlil. The Ad hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during the period ol
in. I he term “Basic l’;i\” will also include the amount of Personal Pay (ranted
on account of annual increment)s) beyond the maximum of the existing pay
Medical Allowance admissible to Civil Servants in BPS-16 to BPS-22 @ 15% of the existing basic pay in Basic Pay Scales-2008 shall continue to be admissible at the frozen level of its admissibility as on 30.06.2011. All the new entrants in BPS-16 to BPS-22 shall be allowed Medical Allowance @ 15% of the minimum of relevant Basic Pay Scales-2008 on. notional basis with effect from 01.07.2011, till further orders, and shall stand frozen at the same level.
Special Pays and Allowances:
All the Special Pays, Special Allowances or the Allowances admissible as
percentage of pay (excluding those which are capped by fixing maximum limit) including House Rent Allowance and the Allowance/Special Allowance equal to one month Basic Pay granted to any Federal Government/FBR/Police employees irrespective of his/her posting in Ministry/Division/Department/FBR including civil employees in BPS 1-22 of Judiciary shall stand frozen at the level of its admissibility as on 30.06.2011.
Conveyance Allowance shall be admissible to all the civil servants in BPS-1 to 15 on revised rates as under:
|BPS||EXISTING||REVISED (Rs. P.M.)|
|BPS 1-4||Rs. 680.00 p.m.||Rs. 850.00 p.m.|
|BPS 5-10||Rs. 920.00 p.m.||Rs. 1150.00 p.m.|
|BPS 11-15||Rs. 1360.00 p.m.||Rs. 1700.00 p.m.|
All the Civil Servants of the Federal Government (excluding those who are allowed monetized value of Transport or availing Transport Facility) shall be allowed Conveyance Allowance at the prescribed rates irrespective of their place/station of duty.
Rates of the following Allowances have been revised as noted against each:-
|S. No.||Name of Allowance||Existing Rates||Revised Rates|
|i.||Integrated Allowance for N/Qasid, Qasid and Daftaries||Rs.l50.00 p.m.||Rs.300.00 p.m.|
|Washing Allowance||Rs.30.00 p.m.||Rs.lOO.OOp.m.|
|iii.||Dress Allowance||Rs.35.00 p.m.||Rs.IOO.OOp.m.|
|IV.||Special Pay for Confidential Assistant||Rs.65.00p.m.||Rs.l50.00 p.m.|
|v.||Uniform Allowance for Nurses||Rs.300.00 p.m.||Rs.600.00 p.m.|
|vi.||Special Area Compensatory
|vii.||Hill Allowance||@ 25% of pay upto a maximum of Rs. 100.00 p.m.||At a fixed rate of Rs.200.00 p.m.|
|vui.||Firewood Allowance||Rs. 4.50 per head per day.||Rs.l0.00 per head per day.|
12. Revision of Pension:
All the existing Civil Pensioners of the Federal Government including Civilians paid out of Defence Estimates have been allowed an increase in their pension at the following rates with effect from 1st July, 2011, until further orders:-
i. Pensioners who retired on or after 01.07.2002 @ 15% of the net pension, ii. Pensioners who retired on or before 30.06.2002 @ 20% of net pension.
13. On introduction of the Basic Pay Scales-2011, the increases in pension
allowed vide para-3 of the Finance Division Office Memorandum No. F.4 (1) Rcg-6/ 2010/
721 dated 05.07.2010 shall be discontinued to the new pensioners who would retire on or
after 01.07.2011 who opts to draw pension under the Scheme of Basic Pay ScaIes-2011.
14. However, 15% increases in pension allowed vide para-2 of the Finance Division
Office Memorandum No.F.4 (!) Reg-6/ 2010/721 dated 05.07.2010 shall continue to be
admissible to the new pensioners who would retire on or after 01.07.2011 who opts to draw
pension under the Scheme of Basic Pay ScaIes-2011.
- The 15% increase in pension as mentioned at Paras-12 (i) above shall also be admissible to the pensioners who would retire on or after 01.07.2011.
- For the purpose of admissibility of increase in pension for the Civil Pensioners sanctioned in this Office Memorandum the term “Net Pension” means “Pension being drawn” minus “Medical Allowance”, which shall be continued to be admissible at the level of its admissibility as on 30.06.2011.
- The increase shall also be admissible on family pension granted under the Pension-cum-Gratuity Scheme, 1954, Liberalized Pension Rules, 1977, on pension sanctioned under the Central Civil Services (Extra Ordinary Pension) Rules as well as on the Compassionate Allowance under CSR-353.
- If the gross pension sanctioned by the Federal Government is shared with any Government in accordance with the rules laid down in part-IV of Appendix III to the Accounts Code, Volume-1, the amount of the increase in pension shall be apportioned between the Federal Government and the other Government concerned on proportionate basis.
19. The increase in pension sanctioned in this Office Memorandum shall not be
admissible on Special Additional Pension allowed in lieu of pre-retirement Orderly
- The increase in pension shall not be admissible during the period of their reemployment, but the same shall be allowed after the termination of the re-employment contract. However, the increase in pension admissible to the pensioners of the Federal Government before their re-employment on contract basis shall continue to be admissible to them provided that they are not in receipt of any increases allowed as allowances with their pay in lieu of increases in pension.
- The benefit of increase in pension sanctioned in this Office Memorandum shall also be admissible to those Civil Pensioners of the Federal Government who are residing abroad (other than those residing in India and Bangladesh) who retired on or after 15.08.1947 and are not entitled to, or are not in receipt of pension increase under the British Government’s Pension (increase) Acts. The payment shall be made at the applicable rate of exchange.
- Medical Allowance for the Pensioners:
i. Medical Allowance admissible to the existing retired Civil Servants in BPS-1
to BPS-15 and in BPS-16 to BPS-22 @ 25% and @20% of the net pension respectively shall continue to be admissible at the frozen level of its admissibility as on 30.06.2011 and till further orders.
ii. All the Civil Servants in BPS-1 to BPS-15 and in BPS-16 to BPS-22, who shall retire on or after 01.07.2011 onwards, shall be allowed Medical Allowance @ 25% and @20% of the net pension respectively and shall stand frozen at the same level.
i. The Ministry/Division/Department/Office to which an employee belongs and/or on whose pay roll he/she is borne shall obtain an option in writing from such employees within 60 davs commencing from the date of issue of this Office Memorandum and communicate it to the concerned Accounts Office/DDO, as the case may be, either to continue to draw salary in the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2008 or in the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2011 as specified in this Office Memorandum. Option once exercised shall be considered final.
ii. An existing employee, as aforesaid, who does not exercise and communicate his/her option within the specified time limit, shall be deemed to have opted for the Scheme of Basic Pay Scales-2011.
- All the existing rules/orders on the subject shall be considered to have been modified to the extent indicated above. All the existing rules/orders not so modified shall continue to be in force under this scheme.
An Anomaly Committee shall be set up in the Finance Division (Regulations Wing) to resolve the anomalies, if any, arising in the implementation of the Basic Pay Scales-2011 and Pension.
(Owais Nauman Kundi) Joint Secretary (Regs) Ph: 9262525 All Ministries/Divisions/Departments.
Copy also forwarded for information to:
- President’s Secretariat (Public), Islamabad.
- President’s Secretariat (Personal), Islamabad.
- Prime Minister’s Secretariat (Internal), Islamabad.
- Prime Minister’s Secretariat (Public), Islamabad.
- National Assembly Secretariat, Islamabad.
- Senate Secretariat, Islamabad.
- Election Commission of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Supreme Court of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Federal Shariat Court, Islamabad.
- Auditor General of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Controller General of Accounts, Islamabad.
- AGPR, Islamabad/Lahore/Peshawar/Karachi/Quetta/Gilgit Baltistan.
- Military Accountant General. Rawalpindi.
- All Financial Advisers/Deputy Financial Advisors attached to Ministries/ Divisions etc and all officers of Finance Division.
- Chief Accounts Officer, M/O Foreign Affairs, Islamabad.
- Financial Adviser and Chief Accounts Officer, Pakistan Railways, Lahore.
- All Chief Secretaries/Finance Secretaries of the Government of Punjab/Sindh/ Khyber Pakhlunkhwa/Balochistan/Azad State of Jammu & Kashmir/Gilgit Baltistan.
- Capital Development Authority, Islamabad.
- Office of the Chief Commissioner, Islamabad.
- Federal Public Service Commission, F-5/I, Agha Khan Road, Islamabad.
- Secretary, Wafaqi Mohtasib (Ombudsman)’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
- Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, Islamabad.
- Central Directorate of National Savings, Islamabad.
- National Accountability Bureau, Islamabad.
- Member (Finance), KRL, P.O.Box.No.1384, Islamabad.
- Intelligence Bureau, Islamabad.
- Pakistan Mint, Lahore.
- DG Post Offices, Islamabad.
- Economic Adviser’s Wing, Finance Division, “S” Block, Pak. Sectt. Islamabad.
- Secretariat Training Institute, Islamabad.
- Directorate General of Inspection & Training, Customs & Central Excise, 8th Floor, New Customs House, Karachi.
- National Re-Construction Bureau, Prime Minister’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
- Earthquake Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA), Prime Minister’s Secretariat (Public), Islamabad.
- Federal Tax Ombudsman’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
- Cost Accounts Organization, Islamabad.
^^(Syed SharfMAJkhtar) Section Officer (Imp) Ph:9262580
Annexure to Q. M. No.F.l (5) Imp/2011-419. dated 4″1 July, 2011.
BASIC PAY SCALES OF THE CIVIL SERVANTS
|Basic Pay Scales-2008||Basic Pay Scales-2011|