Notification of Punjab Educators Regularization dated 10-8-2015
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT NOTIFICATION
No. SO (SE-III) 2-16/2007 (P-V): The Chief Minister, Punjab, in exercise of powers conferred upon him by rule 23 of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules 1974, is pleased to order the appointment of Elementary School Educators (Sci-Math) (BS-09), Senior Elementary School Educators (all categories) (BS-14) and Secondary School Educators (all categories) (BS-16), recruited on contract basis under the provisions of the Recruitment Policy-2011 dated 25.10.2011 amended on 05.06.2012 issued by the School Education Department, against the posts presently held by theft in the Department, on regular basis, in relaxation of rule 4, 16 and 17 of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules 1974.
2. For the purpose of this notification, the Chief Minister, Punjab has further been pleased to withdraw the posts in BS-16 presently held by the contract employees, as mentioned in rule 16 of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1974 from the purview of the Punjab Public Service Commission in terms of rule 5 of the Punjab Public Service Commission (Functions) Rules, 1978.
3. These appointments will, however, be subject to fulfillment of requirements of rules 18, 19, 20, 21 and 21-A of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Services) Rules, 1974, while these contract appointees on their regular appointments will remain on probation in terms of Section 5 of the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974.
4. After their adjustment against already available posts of SST (BS-16), EST (BS-14) and PST (BS-09), they will be governed under the Punjab Education Department (School Education) Service Rules, 2014.
5. The Scrutiny Committee at District Level is constituted comprising the followings: I. District Coordination Officer Convenor ii. Executive District Officer (Edo) Member iii. Executive District Officer (F&P) Member iv. Appointing Authority Secretary/ Member TORs of the Committee a) The Educators will be appointed on regular basis who are presently in continuous service from the date of their appointment at the sates school; b) Those Educators who were proceeded against E&D Rules or any other Rule/Law and have been dismissed from service will not be considered for appointment on regular basis; c) To scrutinize ” academic records (degrees/certificates, _/LO, domicile) and other relevant documents of contractees; d) To scrutinize academic and professional qualification and age limit on the closing date of submission of applications as per Recruitment Policy 2011 and advertisement; e) To verify that the contract appointments were made in accordance with the provisions of Recruitment Policy-2011 dated 25.10.2011 and amended on 05.06.2012; and f) The appointing authorities shall issue formal appointment orders.
6. The service period of contract employees shall not be counted for any purpose (pension, gratuity, leave, etc) on their appointment under the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 and the rules framed there-under. The salary component of such employees shall be in accordance with the pay scales plus usual allowances prescribed for the posts against which they are being appointed. They will, however, not be entitled to the payment of 30% Social Security benefit in lieu of pension or any other pay package being drawn by them.
7. However, pay of the contract employees appointed on regular basis in the basic pay scales shall be fixed at the initial of the respective pay scales and the increment(s) already earned during the contract appointment period shall be converted into Personal Allowance.
8. The contract employees who do not intend to be appointed on regular basis should furnish their option to this effect in writing in 30 days from the date of issuance of their appointment letters by the respective appointing authorities. They may continue with their present employment as per terms and conditions of their contract. However, no extension in their contract period shall be allowed. Those who intend to be appointed on regular basis need not apply. The option once exercised shall be final. The Finance Department shall constitute an Anomalies Committee to resolve the issues arising out of appointments of contract employees on regular.
9. Those Educators who have acquired professional qualification will be regularized.
10. The SSE (BS-16), SESE (BS-14) and ESE (BS-09) have been re-designated as SST (BS-16), EST (BS-14) & PST (BS-09), respectively. The posts presently held by the Educators shall stand abolished and equal number of posts in the respective category with nomenclature of regular posts and pay scales shall be created on regular side for appointment of the above mentioned contractees.
11. The contractees on the, regular appointment shall be placed at the bottom of seniority of regular teachers as detailed below:
Name of post held Re-by the Educators designation ESE (Sci-Math) (BS-9) PST
SESE(Science) (BS-14) SESE(Math) (BS-14)
Seniority in the new ESEs (Sci-Math) shall be placed at the bottom of seniority of PSTs SESEs (all categories) shall be placed at the bottom of seniority of ESTs (General).
SSE (Phy-Math) & SSE (Bio-Chem) shall be placed at the bottom of seniority of SST (Science). SSE (English) shall be placed at the bottom of seniority of SST (Arts).
SSE (Comp. Sci)
SSE (Comp. Sci) shall be placed at the bottom of seniority of SST (IT)
12. After regularization, their seniority is to be determined under section 7 of the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 and Rule 8 of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1974. Section 7 (1) of the Act ibid provides that seniority on initial appointment to a service, cadre, or post shall be determined in the prescribed manner. Rules 8 (1) (a ) of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1974 provides that seniority inter se of persons appointed to posts in the same grade in a functional unit shall be determined in the case of persons appointed by initial recruitment, in accordance with the order of merit, assigned by the Selection Authority provided that the persons, selected for appointment to the grade in an earlier selection shall each senior to the person selected in later selection.
BY THE ORDER OF THE CHIEF MINISTER, PUNJAB
SECRETARY SCHOOL EDUCATION
Dated Lahore the, August 07, 2015