NBF Announced Registration for Readers Club Scheme 2016-2017
What is Readers Clubs?
Readers Club is one of the most public oriented book promotional activity attracting readers to buy books of their choice at half price. Besides, promoting reading habit, it encourages the overall book industry, help increasing literacy rate, create reasonable demand for good quality reading material and motivating young generation towards developing reading culture in the society. The activity in its previous phases ensured providing this facility by registration upto 207936 members since 1984 to 2009 on first come first basis.
Readers Club service is available in following cities of the country like :-
Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Gujranwala, Silakot, Lahore, Faisalabad, Wah Cantt, Multan, Gujrat, Burewla, Kasur, Bahawalpur, Sahiwal, Jhelum, Rahimyar, Khan, Faisalabad, Jhang, Mirpur Khas (Sindh), Nawabshah, Shikarpur, Dadu, Peshawar, Bannu, mansehra, Abbottabd, D.I. Khan, Quetta, Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Larkana, Khairpur, Jacobabad, Muzaffarabad, Mirpur Azad Kashmir, and Gilgit.
During the financial year 2013-14, NBF will enroll 20000 members all over the country. The ceiling of each member was increased from Rs.3000/- to Rs.5000/- during the year 2013-14. While the number of registered booksellers is around 95 all over the country. Detail of fee and requirement of membership of Readers Club during the current year 2013-14 was as under:-
- Form Processing Fee Rs.10/- per form
- Membership Fee Rs.100/- per annum
- Two Photographs preferably 1″x1″
- Copy of CNIC (B form in case of minors)
- Limit for purchase of books by members Rs.5000/- (printed price)
- Registration fee for bookseller Rs.2000/-
- List of booksellers
- Pakistani citizens may visit NBF offices on any working day 9 am to 4 pm for membership
- Last Date to Send Application for Registration = November 4, 2016
- copy of form can be download from official website of NBF:-
Performa of Agreement for Book sellers