Breaking News – Finance Division Issued Notification of Revision of Basic Pay Scales & Allowances of Civil Servants of Federal Government 2017
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN FINANCE DIVISION (Regulations Wing) FBC Building, Near State Bank of Pakistan Circular number F.No.1(3)Imp/2017-500 Islamabad, the 3rd July, 2017
OFFICE MEMORANDUM – Subject: REVISION OF BASIC PAY SCALES & ALLOWANCES OF CIVIL SERVANTS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT (2017)
The President has been pleased to sanction the revision of Basic Pay Scales & Allowances with effect from 151 July, 2017 for the civil employees of the Federal Government, paid out of civil estimates and from the Defence estimates as detailed in the following paragraphs:-
2. Revision of Basic Pay Scales:
The Basic Pay Scales-2017 shall replace the Basic Pay Scales-2016 with effect from 01-07-2017 as contained in the Annexure-I to this Office Memorandum.
3. Fixation of Pay of the existing employees: The basic pay of an employee in service on 30-06-2017 shall be fixed in the Basic Pay Scales-2017 on point to point basis i.e. at the stage corresponding to that occupied by him/her above the minimum of Basic Pay Scales-2016; ii) In case of Personal Pay being drawn by an employee as part of his/her basic pay beyond the maximum of his/her pay scale on 30-06-2017, he/she shall continue to draw such pay in the Basic Pay Scales-2017 at the revised rates.
4. Fixation of Pay on promotion: In cases of promotion from a lower to higher posts/scale before
introduction of these scales, the pay of the employees concerned in the revised pay scale may be fixed and so enhanced that it would not be less than the pay that would have been admissible to him if his promotion to the higher post/scale had taken place after the introduction of these scales.
5. Annual increment: Annual increment shall continue to be admissible, subject to the existing conditions, on 15t December each year.
Ad-hoc Allowance – 2010:
I) The Ad-hoc Allowance-2010 @ 50% granted w.e.f. 01-07-2010 vide Finance Division’s 0.M.No.F.1(1)Imp/2010-622, dated 05-07-2010, shall cease to exist with effect from 01-07-2017; II) For those who are in receipt of an allowance equal to 100% of basic pay in BPS-2008 as on 30-06-2011 and not in receipt of Ad-hoc Allowance-2010 @ 50%, the existing amount of 100% allowance (being drawn at frozen level) shall be reduced by 50% w.e.f. 01-07-2017. The remaining amount shall continue to be drawn at reduced frozen level; III) For those who are in receipt of an allowance equal to 100% of basic pay in BPS-2011 as on 30-06-2015 and not in receipt of Ad-hoc Allowance-2010 @ 50%, the existing amount of 100% allowance (being drawn at frozen level) shall be reduced w.e.f. 01-07-2017 by 50% of the amount to be calculated at the level admissible on 30-06-2011. The remaining amount shall continue to be drawn at reduced frozen level. (Examples are given in Annexure-Il)
7. Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2016: A) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2016 @ 10% shall stand frozen at the level of its admissibility as on 30-06-2017; B) All the new entrants shall be allowed Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2016 @ 10% of the minimum of relevant Basic Pay Scales-2016 on notional basis with effect from 01-07-2017, till further orders, and shall stand frozen at the same level.
Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2017:
a) An Ad-hoc Relief Allowance-2017 @ 10% of the running basic pay of BPS-2017 shall be allowed to the civil employees of the Federal Government as well as civilians paid out of Defence estimates including contingent paid staff and contract employees employed against civil posts in Basic Pay Scales on standard terms and conditions of contract appointment with effect from 01-07-2017 till further orders;
b) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be subject to Income Tax;
c) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during leave and entire period of L.P.R. except during extra ordinary leave;
d) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of Pension/Gratuity and recovery of House Rent;
e) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting/deputation abroad; The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them, had they not been posted abroad;
g) The Ad-hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible during the period of suspension;