clarification Circular Regarding Assistant and head Clerk Up-gradation of Posts in Punjab
On January 01, 2016, Chief Minister of Punjab Mr. Shahbaz Sahrif approved the summary of scales upgradation of all clerical staff of the province including Assistant (working in BPS-14) and Head Clerk (Working in BPS-14). They all now place in BPS-16 as per notification issued on January 5, 2016. Bur an clarification left behind. Where the new upgraded posts of Assistant and Head Clerk (BPS-16) are part of Gazetted or Non-Gazetted employees? Now Punjab Finance Department has cleared this issue. According rules they will be officers not Gazetted.
Detail of Notification issued on January 8 January 2016 are given bellow:-
No.FD.Prio–14/77(Pt.IV)APCA/2008(Provi.) GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB FINANCE DEPARTMENT Lahore; 8th January, 2016
Dr. Arshad Mahmood, Finance Secretary.
1. All Administrative Secretaries to Government of the Punjab.
2. The Principal Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
3. The Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab, Lahore.
4. The Military Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
5. The Secretary, Punjab Provincial Assembly, Lahore.
6. The Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore.
7. All Heads of Attached Departments in the Punjab.
8. All Commissioners in the Punjab.
9. All District Coordination Officers In the Punjab.
10. The Chief Pilot, VIP Flight, Lahore.
11. The Provincial Director, Local Fund Audit, Punjab, Lahore.
Subject: UPGRADATION OF THE POST OF ASSISTANT/HEAD CLERK FROM RS-14 TO BS-16
I am directed to refer to the subject cited above and to state that Government of the Punjab has recently upgraded the subject post and following questions have arisen In this regard: (I) As to whether the upgraded post from 85-14 to EI5-16 is to be treated as Gazetted or Non-Gazetted? (li) As to whether the incumbents of the said post are required to submit their Charge Assumption Reports against the respective upgraded post or otherwise?
2. The case has been examined In the Finance Department and it Is clarified that the term “Gazetted and Non-Gazetted” has since been dispensed with under Rule 5 of the Punjab Civil Servants (Change in Nomenclature of Services & Abolition of Classes) Rules, 1974.
Now the terms “Officer and Official” exist and the same are defined in the Punjab Financial Rules Vol-I as under:
1.28-A:”Officer” means Government Servant holding a post In National Pay Scale No.16 or higher National Pay Scale.
1.28-B: “Official” means a Government Servant holding a post in National Pay Scales No.1 to 15.
3. In view of the above, the incumbents of the subject post are Officers and they are required to submit their Charge Assumption Reports against respective upgraded post accordingly.